Privacy & Cookies
INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
OUR USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- We may disclose your information to our service providers (who could be located outside the UK/EEA) for the purpose of providing you with our services, including your flight, holiday or insurance, etc. Only information necessary for this purpose will be disclosed to them. For air travel, it may be a mandatory requirement (imposed on airlines by governments at the point(s) of departure and/or destination) to disclose your information for security and anti-terrorism purposes, or any other purposes which they determine appropriate.
- We may use your information for the purposes set out in our data protection registration with the Office of the Information Commissioner, and disclose the same to our "group companies" (i.e. our holding companies and all group companies of our holding companies, some of which whom are outside the UK/EEA) for business purposes. We may also disclose your information to companies who act as "data processors" on our behalf, or to our service providers operating systems or business functions on our behalf, some of whom are outside the UK/EEA. These purposes include administration, providing services (and contacting you where necessary), customer care, improving our service, business management and operation, re-organisation/structuring of our business (or our group companies), risk assessment, security and crime prevention/detection, research and analysis, marketing, monitoring, assessing customer purchasing preferences, dispute resolution, credit checking and debt collection. If we search against the files of credit reference agencies, they will record the search and hence the way in which you conduct your account with us may be shared with other lenders and credit agencies.
- Some of your information may be considered "sensitive personal data" under the Data Protection Act 1998. (For example, information relating to health or religion.) We collect it to cater to your needs or act in your interest, but we do so on the condition that we have your positive consent - we will do all that is reasonably practicable to draw this to your attention when you first supply us with your information, or at the next available opportunity. By booking your holiday with us you also agree for your insurers, their agents and medical staff to disclose relevant information (which may contain sensitive personal data) to us in circumstances where we need to act in the interest of everyone in the group you are traveling with. For example, if your illness at resort is infectious we may need to make special arrangements for you and also ensure that you do not return with the group immediately.
If you do not agree to our use of your information, we cannot do business with you or accept your booking.
DIRECT MARKETING MATERIAL
- We may from time to time contact you by post with information on offers of goods and services, brochures, new products, or forthcoming events.
- You may indicate your preference to also receive our direct marketing material for the above purposes by telephone or e-communications (e-mail, SMS or e-brochure) on our website(s) or forms, or to our staff at the time you first supplied us your information. Please note that our website will require you to agree to e-communications as a condition of booking. You will be given the opportunity on every e-communication we send you to indicate that you no longer wish to receive our direct marketing material.
- You may, in addition, indicate your preference regarding receiving third party direct marketing material by post.
- If do not wish to receive such information or would like to change your preference, please refer to point 2 of "Your Rights" below.
- You have the right to ask in writing by completing our Data Subject Access Request form for a copy of the information we hold about you (for which we may charge a fee) and to correct any inaccuracies in your information.
- You have the right to ask in writing not to receive direct marketing material about our products and services. Once properly notified by you, we will take steps to stop using your information in this way.
- If you would like a list of our group companies or brands, please send us your request. Our registered address is at Burgess World Travel Limited, 28 The Kingsway, Swansea, SA1 5JY . Please address your correspondence to the Company Secretary.
Outside the European Economic Area (EEA), note that controls on data protection in such countries may not be as b as the legal requirements in this country.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website(s) may contain links to other sites not controlled by us. (1) These sites may send you cookies and collect data and personal information. We are not responsible for the actions, content or the privacy policies of those websites to which our website(s) may link. (2) These sites may not be members of ABTA and, if not, ABTA protection will not be available. It is your responsibility to check the status of these sites.
AGGREGATED CUSTOMER INFORMATION
We collect information relating to customer trends and patterns. This information is often used in its aggregate form. We may disclose aggregate statistics about enquiries made, visitors, customers and sales in order to describe our services to prospective partners, purchasers, advertisers and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes. No personally identifying information is disclosed.
To ensure that we carry out your instructions accurately, to help improve our service and in the interest of security, we may monitor and/or record: (1) your telephone calls; (2) customer activities using CCTV recording equipment in and around our premises; and (3) customer transactions and activities on our website. All recordings are and shall remain our sole property.
We have taken all reasonable steps to have in place appropriate security measures to protect your information.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
Cookies are small text files that websites save locally to your computer, which allow sites to store and use information during your visit.
They can be used to improve your experience when using our website by remembering preferences, so you don’t have to keep re-entering your choices when you visit again, and for us to gain an insight in to how our visitors are using our website.
None of the cookies used on our website can be used to identify you personally. They are just used to help make the site better for you the visitor.
To learn more about cookies and how to manage them, you can visit http://aboutcookies.org/.
As we host our website on a Windows platform, our Microsoft server sets a session cookie to identify different visitor. Session cookies are deleted when you close your browser.
|ASPSESSIONID_||Session cookie deleted when you close your browser|
|civicAllowCookies||This cookie is only to set should you choose opt-in or opt-out of our Google tracking cookies|
Measuring our website usage with Google Analytics
We only use first-party Google Analytics cookies to track anonymous usage statistics and do not collect any personal information that can be used to identify you. This helps us analyse data about webpage usage and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs.
Google Analytics stores information about what pages you visit, how long you are on the site, how you got here and what you click on. We do not allow Google to use or share our analytics data.
Google Analytics sets the following first-party cookies:
|_utma_||Random Number||2 years from now|
|_utmb_||Random Number||1 day from now|
|_utmc_||Random Number||When you quit your browser|
|_utmz_||Random Number||6 months from now|
Contacting the Web Site
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this website, you can contact us at email@example.com or call us on +44 (0) 1792 455188.
Travel Insurance / Don't leave home without it
For travel insurance cover details, prices and to purchase a policy, please click here.
You’ll be transferred to Infinity Insurance Solutions / Travelmaster (Burgess World Travel is an Introducer Appointed Representative for Infinity Insurance Solutions Ltd. who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority).
Travel Aware / Staying Safe and Healthy Abroad
The Foreign & Commonwealth Office and National Travel Health Network and Centre have up-to-date advice on staying safe and healthy abroad. For the latest travel advice from the Foreign & Commonwealth Office including security and local laws, plus passport and visa information check.
https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice and follow @FCOtravel and https://www.facebook.com/fcotravel/
Keep informed of current travel health news by visiting https://travelhealthpro.org.uk/
The advice can change so check regularly for updates.